GETCREDITSCORE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NOTICE OF KEY TERMS
GetCreditScore Pty Ltd (ACN 169 886 891) is acting as your agent to obtain your credit information
This Site allows you to obtain your credit score and other related credit information from Equifax Australia Information Services and Solutions Pty Limited (ABN 26 000 602 862) (Equifax). If you use the Service you appoint Us as your agent and access seeker to obtain the relevant credit information from Equifax.
Commissions or referral fees
We may receive commissions, referral fees or other payments from the owner of any Third Party Site which is featured or referred to on the Site.
Direct marketing is permitted unless you specifically opt out
- These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of the website under the domain name getcreditscore.com.auwebsite (the Site) operated by GetCreditScore Pty Ltd (ACN 169 886 891) (as the context requires We, Our or Us) and to any correspondence (by email or otherwise) between Us and you.
- The Site contains information and features that you can use to obtain your credit score and any other features or content We may add in the future (the Services). For example, in the future you may be able to obtain an overview of your credit report.
Third Party Sites
- The Site contains links to web sites controlled, owned, or operated by third-party entities, organisations or people who have entered into commercial arrangements with Us (the Third Party Sites). Not all financial service providers or market offers are represented through Third Party Site links accessible from our Site. Links to Third Party Sites on the Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Site. We have not reviewed all of these Third Party Sites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. GetCreditScore therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the Third Party Sites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Eligibility to use GetCreditScore's Services
- To be eligible to use our services via the Site you must be either an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident and be 18 years of age or older (Eligibility Criteria). We may vary the Eligibility Criteria from time to time. By using the Service or the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older and have an Australian driver’s licence or a valid passport or Medicare Card. Your personal information will be checked with the document issuer or official record holder via third-party systems for the purpose of confirming your identity.
- We may delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted on the Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Site for any reason including (without limitation) if We believe that you do not comply with the Eligibility Criteria or if We reasonably believe that there may be an unauthorised disclosure of personal information associated with your membership.
Appointment as access seeker
- The Service permits you, through GetCreditScore, to obtain your credit score from Equifax Australia Information Services and Solutions Pty Limited (ABN 26 000 602 862) (Equifax). You appoint Us as your agent and ‘access seeker’ for this purpose and this appointment continues until your membership with GetCreditScore is cancelled.
- In order to receive our Services, you must provide Us with:
- A valid email address.
- A valid mobile number.
- By requesting access to your credit score, or your credit report overview (as part of any additional Services provided on the Site), you consent and authorise Us to act as your agent and access seeker for the purposes of the Privacy Act and the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code (Cth) 2014, to request Equifax to provide you with your credit score or your credit report overview (or both) and this authority continues until such time as you cancel your membership to the Site.
- To request access to a copy of your full Equifax credit report, please contact Equifax directly at equifax.com.au.
Credit score and other credit information
- Your credit Score is calculated and produced by Equifax. Our Service does not reflect or capture any data contained in any other credit reporting body. Please be aware that your credit score may be different from a credit score obtained elsewhere. The way We present your credit score and other related credit information about you may differ from the way it is presented if requested directly from Equifax. However, the information is based upon a subset of the same underlying data.
Site Content, brands and trademarks
- You acknowledge and agree that We own all rights to the Site and all the content displayed on the Site, including (without limitation) the GetCreditScore logo, domain names, images, buttons, text, data, articles, design, source code, software, photos, images and other information (collectively the Site Content). The Site services, Site Content, trademarks, service marks, trade names, images and logos are proprietary to or used with permission by GetCreditScore.
- You agree that Site Content may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including (without limitation) electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without Our express prior written consent. You may not modify, transform, participate in the sale or transfer of, or create derivative or modified works based on any Site Content.
- Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Site Content or trademarks displayed on the Site, including by linking or framing, or in any networked computer environment for any purpose, except with Our prior written permission. We prohibit the use of any of the GetCreditScore trademarks as part of a link to or from any site unless establishment of such a link is approved in writing by Us in advance.
No advice service
- Any information We provide is of a general and information nature only. We do not provide legal, tax, financial, financial planning or investment advice or any form of advice regarding the suitability or appropriateness of any of our services or of obtaining credit from any person.
- The Services do not take into account your personal financial situation or your personal investment objectives. Financial products accessible through the Site have a broad range of varying characteristics, not all of which may be of relevance or interest to you. Where We identify a financial product as a “Featured Offer” compatible with your credit score from Equifax, that link is:
- to a Third Party Site where the owner of that site has paid, or may pay, Us a commission, fee or other payment to promote its interest in attracting potential customers within a range that encompasses your credit score; and
- not any representation or suggestion by Us that the offer accessible through that Third Party Site provides the product most suited to you (whether by reason of pricing, features, term or otherwise).
- Third Party Site offers compatible with your credit score from Equifax may be available or accessible on the Site. You should consult a financial adviser, legal adviser, tax professional and any other professional adviser regarding your specific financial situation if you have any uncertainty or concerns regarding any Third Party Site offer.
Monitoring of Site Content
- You acknowledge and agree that We have the right to monitor the Site and/or Site Content and to disclose any information as necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Site, or to protect Ourself or other users of the Site. We have no obligation to monitor the Site Content or to protect users of the Site.
- None of GetCreditScore, any of its affiliates or partners, providers or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors or licensors (referred to collectively as the GetCreditScore Parties) guarantees the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, reliability, completeness, or usefulness of any of the Site Content and GetCreditScore disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Site Content.
- The Site and the Site Content is provided "as is", without any warranty, either express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or title. The Site could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- GetCreditScore Parties do not warrant as to the results of your use of the content or that the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of this Site is at your own risk. This does not affect those warranties which cannot be excluded or restricted under any applicable laws.
- We may discontinue or make changes in the Site Content at any time without prior notice and without any liability. Any dated information is published as of its date only, and GetCreditScore Parties do not undertake any obligation or responsibility to update or amend any such information. We reserve the right to terminate any or all Site offerings or transmissions without prior notice.
- When you use the Site or Our services you must not:
b. violate any law or regulation;
c. act in a manner which is, or post, email, transmit or otherwise publish any comments, materials or content that are, offensive, discriminatory, unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory or libellous, false, inaccurate or misleading;
d. provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
e. refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to Us;
f. use an anonymous proxy or other technique to prevent Us from identifying your location or your IP address;
g. use our services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, disputes, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to Us or you; and
h. pay for your transactions with what We reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds or proceeds of crime.
Limitation of liability
- GetCreditScore Parties (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Site) exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Site in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Site, any Third Party Site or the material on such websites, including (without limitation) to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Site or your downloading of any material from the Site or any websites linked to the Site.
a. fraud; or
b. misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
c. any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- In particular, the Australian Consumer Law sets out certain guarantees that may apply to the supply of services by Us. Those guarantees give you rights that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, to the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability for a breach of any of those rights is limited, at our option, to the cost of supplying the Services again or payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GetCreditScore from any claim arising from a third party's use of comments, materials or content of any kind that you post to the Site.
- You acknowledge and agree that these indemnities are fair and reasonable in the context of the Services being provided to you at no charge.
Other GetCreditScore agreements
- To the extent possible We choose to carry out all transactions by means of electronic communication in accordance with applicable law. You consent to using electronic means to form, or agree to, or bind you to, legal obligations. Therefore, where you indicate through electronic means your consent to Us acting for you, or your agreement to, or acceptance of, terms and conditions, offers and other documents, you will be taken to have agreed to, or signed, them.
- You agree that if We are required, by law or otherwise, to provide you with any documentation you consent to the provision of that document electronically through the links on this website or any other means We choose to use. You consent to receive notices, information and other disclosures in electronic form We choose to use through the links on this Site or any other means.
- When registering as a member with Us, you must provide a login in the form of a valid email address and password (Login Details). We recommend that you keep your Login Details confidential. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your Login Details and any actions of people you allow to access your Login Details. When the Site is no longer in use, please ensure you log out of the system.
- Please email Us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your Login Details or any other breach of security.
How to contact Us
- If you believe the information contained in your credit report overview or any other related credit information is wrong, please contact your credit provider and/or the credit reporting body to have the mistake investigated and corrected (if required). Please be aware that any incorrect information noted on your credit report overview may be listed with other credit reporting agencies and credit reporting bodies.